Senior Underwritter/Metodist for CZ and SK
Key Responsibilities/Would you like to do:
- Manage and lead the risk appraisal and implementation of policies and procedures for individual life policies in order to achieve profitable overall company results with the best possible service to customers, distribution channels, intermediaries and associated staff.
- serve as the expert and resource on all issues and matters related to Underwriting management and administration including the identification of country business needs and the definition of an appropriate solution for SK and CZ.
- Drive the Underwriting strategy of MetLife at country level by establishing and implementing policies and procedures for issuing Individual policies in line with MetLife’s objectives.
- Help to establish Underwriting simplification, policies, guidelines, procedures, strategies and metrics, working with the sub-regions and countries to customize as necessary
- Approve and/or delegate all local Underwriting authority limits together with the approval of EMEA Head of UW by reviewing and approving the ongoing quality of the UW function with casework sampling as per country UWQA program
- Ensure the optimal performance, mentoring, technical training & continuous professional development of Underwriters
- Ensure that underwriting discipline is maintained and underwriting decisions are consistent, equitable and prudent as per the Company’s standards and practices.
- Develop customer service procedures, policies and standards for the department.
- Collaborate with other departments in order to safeguard proper in force policies handling (Financial department / Product / Actuaries / Legal / Compliance / Agency Secretaries).
- Participate in New product development and policy wording.
We will be happy if you can offer:
Business Knowledge/Technical Skills
- Proven experience of Life Underwriting with deep and broad knowledge of appraising medical, financial risks
- University degree
- Very good Knowledge of English – spoken and written – are essential
- 5 years in the similar position in another insurance company (advantage)
- Ability to operate the insurance contract, analyze and interpret the policy conditions
- Very good knowledge of life insurance products
- Good knowledge of country’s regulations related to insurance/underwriting.
- Strong communication skills and negotiation skills
- Effective decision making with good analytical skills
- Good mentoring skills and effective training capabilities
- Ability to train internal associates and external clients on system capabilities and processes.
- Work independantly, no direct subordinates
- Ability to travel to SK as required.
What we can offer:
- Prospects for professional and personal growth in an international company that exists 150 years
- Independent and varied fulltime work, permanent contract
- Attractive salary and benefits package
- Flexible working hours 39 hours /week
- Friendly team and pleasant working environment
- Office in the city centre in the new modern offices of OC Quadrio in Prague
- 5 weeks of holidays
- English courses in the office
- Public transport compensation
- Meal vouchers
- Multisport card
- Coffee/tea free in the office
- Massages in the office
- Life insurance/pension insurance
- Home office
Informace o pozici
- Purkyňova 2121/3, Praha - Nové Město
Typ pracovního vztahu
Práce na plný úvazek
Vysokoškolské / univerzitní
MetLife Europe d.a.c., pobočka pro Českou republiku
Pro naše zaměstnance máme připravené množství benefitů
Příspěvek na dopravu
Flexibilní pracovní doba
Týden dovolené navíc
Příspěvek na Multisport kartu
Příspěvek na penzijní připojištění
Masáže na pracovišti
Rozvojové a vzdělávací programy
Plně hrazené kurzy angličtiny
Stravenky ve výši 110 Kč
Občerstvení na pracovišti zdarma
Zvýhodněné produkty a služby MetLife